The exterior wall in this contemporary Santa Fe dining room used to have windows and doors. They were replaced with a large Nana glass wall which pockets back into the plastered wall. This made the covered porch with its fireplace a part of the dining room when opened. Very elegant.
We used a mix of styles to make the room fresh and interesting:
- 21st Century version of English Chippendale dining chairs. These are painted black with gold detailing on the backs.
- Traditional country trestle table which is a good base for casual meals as well as elegant formal dining.
- Antique copper pot with colorful sunflowers.
- Contemporary abstract printing of an Arizona landscape.
- Beautiful Spanish Colonial iron chandelier.
- 3 antique polychromed pots from Burma.
- Scrap of Turkish Kilim rug on the table for color.
- Mexican talavera jar on the hearth.
- Antique Persian rug on the floor.
- The black painted cabinet on the porch houses a large screen tv and the finish plays well with the black dining room chairs.
- Custom rusted iron decorative firescreen. This balances the iron sconces on the wall in the dining room.
Blog By: Linda Robinson